Pages

Saturday 23 March 2013

Matte half moons

Hello ladies! I have something new to show you today. I'm procrastinating and not doing my extra relaxed challenge.. oops. The colour-themed nails aren't inspiring me and I don't think you guys just want to see plain colour nails with no nail art right? I'm trying to inspire myself by looking at other nail blogs so hopefully I get ideas soon and can spam you all with new posts :) 

Anyway, I've finally attempted half-moons and matte nail polish! Are you excited to see something new? I should definitely do more nail art right? Haha, but I think I shouldn't have done both half-moons and matte for the same manicure though. Okay, let's get to the photos!




I used 2 coats of China Glaze Platinum Silver and 1 coat of Seche Vite top coat, let dry for about 15 minutes (which was too short actually) and stuck reinforcement rings at the base to create the half moon shape. Then, I used 1 coat of China Glaze Liquid Leather and China Glaze Matte Magic on only the black part to mattify my mani.

I think this was a cute look! Not bad for my first attempt at the half-moon look, my lines aren't perfect even with the stickers but I think that's because my base polish wasn't completely dry and I didn't know how hard I could press the ring stickers down. I should try the half-moon look on a day old mani then I wouldn't have all these problems. And I don't think I'm particularly fond of the matte look. They feel easier to chip and ruin as compared to my shiny nails normally protected by top coat :/ But maybe that's just me and my complete lack of care haha. I ruined my matte manicure within an hour!

What do you guys think of matte nails or the half-moon manicure? Which one do you prefer? 


1 comment:

  1. think these are lovely, but you're right - Matte nails dont last half the time that shiny ones do x

    ReplyDelete