Pages

Monday 11 February 2013

My Not-Very-Chinese Chinese New Year Nails

Hello ladies! Pardon the long title, I felt like I had to explain in my title haha. Anyway! Today is the 2nd day of Chinese New Year. For all my non-Chinese friends, Chinese New Year is basically a holiday (I don't know if some see it as a holiday though) where we visit our relatives' house to collect red packets with money. There's also the annual reunion dinner on the Eve. However, I think only children truly benefit from Chinese New Year because we, yes I'm still a kid hehe, receive money from the married adults. Adults are usually the ones who do the giving although I have heard that some kids actually give back money to their parents but that isn't a tradition in my family so my brother and I haven't really been doing that. Perhaps when we're really working then we'll start that. 

On to my Chinese New Year (CNY) nails this year! This manicure was actually created over a few days haha because the idea just built up over a couple of days. So on the Eve of CNY, my nails were just plain pink. This was what I swatched in yesterday's post. Nature Republic APK204. Notice my nails are shorter! I cut them for the week because they were getting too long. I love this pink!





Next, I added OPI Piroutte My Whistle.






And last night, I suddenly had this urge to add scallop french tips to my manicure. So ta-da! I used China Glaze Liquid Leather and a dotting tool.






This idea has been in my head for quite some time. I was inspired by this mani:


The original post is here: http://blognailedit.blogspot.sg/2012/05/teal-binge.html

What do you think about my re-creation? I love this a lot! I think it'll look great with different colours too :)

2 comments:

  1. I really love your pink scalloped version - it looks like the polish is almost a copy of the green one, if you get what I mean!

    Also, I nominated you for a Liebster :) xxx

    http://rachosnaillove.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thanks so much :) I've been wanting to try recreating this for a long time and I'm glad it turned out well :)

      And, thanks so much for nominating me <3 I will get to it as soon as I can! Hopefully now hehe :)

      Delete